Currently, I am the main point person for UI Design solutions in our company. I am truly grateful to be challenged in this role given that I have recently completed my BS in Computer Science from San Jose State University in 2018. In this amount of time, I have been able to acquire a robust design skill set that I did not have straight out of college. From my 4 years of experience in front-end internships and my current UI Design position, I have been able to develop a deep understanding of both respective fields.
As a designer, I am always iterating on better ways to solve solutions. If I had it my way, I would want to push out a new and better design every month! My favorite part of being a designer is being part of the visionary process. I love being able to solve complex problems and collaborating close to project managers to achieve effective solutions.
I work well alone and within teams. I get the job done at home and in the office. (Or even in a coffee shop!) Give me a problem to solve and I won't stop thinking about it until we have a solid solution to chase and work with.
People often ask me, how did you get the name dnavdeej? It's quite simple! I put two nicknames I go by together! Both are derived from letters from my name.
Teletrac Navman | Pleasanton, CA
January 2019 - Present, 1 year 11 months
- Develop clean, high-fidelity prototypes using design software (Figma) or code (React) resulting in a 20% increase in customer satisfaction.
- Establish a design system for both web and mobile applications using Figma and Sketch resulting in a 15% increase of development efficiency.
- Collaborating between multiple global internal and external teams.
- Constantly iterating on designs and actively seeking feedback from product owners.
- Interviewing customers to research opportunities for new solutions within our industry resulting in a 15% increase in customer satisfaction.
Web Design Intern
Cru | San Jose, CA
January 2018 - June 2018, 6 months
- Complete website redesign for an umbrella organization, Epic Movement. This involved both design and implementation.
- Carried out the rebranding of Epic Movement and increasing their online presence resulting in a 30% increase in discoverability and engagement.
TuringEye | San Jose, CA
May 2016 - October 2016, 6 months
- Developed the front-end UI for an AI-powered big data business analytics product
- Iterated on multiple graph designs using D3 to display meaningful data insights
gloo | Boulder, CO
June 2015 - July 2015, 2 months
- Created an Agile based task tracker using Angular, Bootstrap, and Pivotal Tracker API which increased internal productivity by 10%.
- Gained a fundamental understanding of core front-end technologies.